Sunday, January 20, 2013

Strange

How odd that I would be hearing messages from Down Under, maybe New Zealand although I am not sure. The only persons I remember from there would be David "Goat Legs" Goatley, who was in 7th grade when I was in 8th grade, and Simon, a little kid whose last name I don't recall. Their families were of the Plymouth Brethren Church, similar to the Canadian Saword family. Those families worked together there and probably even lived near each other and thus knew each other well. However, they are sort of exclusive in their thinking of themselves as the sole representatives of the Christian church on the planet, in addition to being anti-Pentecostal so, well, maybe they did not like me but, anyway, I really did not care very much what they think about anything because, anyway, it is not like they would really understand. I could try to explain, but, well....

Anyway, in addition to not being Plymouth Brethren and being of Pentecostal family I am also a girl so obviously they are not going to want to get anything from me, especially when they are very strict about women being silent in the church. Duh!

So we were all in MK school together but that does not mean that we necessarily agreed on every point of doctrine or that we ever discussed that or that we were going to belong to the same denomination later.

Also, Mrs. Richardson was Grace Brethren, not Plymouth Brethren, so she was not exactly one of them, although she was also anti-Pentecostal so not exactly one of us either.

Still, I don't remember anything particularly controversial about Bible class at 8 a.m. It was all Bible stories and songs and that kind of thing. Anyway, there was never any guarantee that we would recognize each other later in life so I really have nothing to add to that.