Friday, January 4, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Someone was talking about the "Decameron," a book that I have not actually read, I must confess. It might have been referred to in high school in high school but nothing specific comes to mind, just the general idea of expressing that they imagine themselves of higher value than the rest of us ordinary mortals and are saving themselves from the plague currently unleashed upon mankind by isolating themselves in their vacuum chamber in the outskirts of Florence. I myself having been deemed not worthy of leaving a legacy am thus left without any protection and vulnerable to the virus that is twisting everything all around and eroding anything of value. What is truth? The virus inflicted on the earth has everyone confused and bewildered. They believe that after the virus has abated and the dead cleared away, they will emerge from isolation to populate a new and more perfect world. Yes, I believe that is what they were saying.