Saturday, January 12, 2013

Which Reminds Me

After the Benners moved to town, we were invited over to someone's house and there was Miss Murphy sitting in the lap of her newfound husband, cuddling and acting sort of babyish. Someone  probably even commented out loud about the spectacle of desperate Old Maid Miss Murphy showing off her trophy husband, even if he was only a creepily decadent millionaire with an ex-wife and two children to complicate matters. Of course we would never verbalize such a jarring thought in polite company, but I imagine that someone probably said something about that. Where did she find him? I have no idea. I only remember hearing that he was from Colorado, a state of which I know almost nothing, having visited there only once on vacation. Someone said that his first wife was Chinese but I know nothing about that as it would seem sort of rude to ask if information is not forthcoming and it was not my job to figure these thigns out. I have no clues to offer in regards to the Benners, myself having no connection to their family in the U.S. If you want to know more about the Benners you would probably have to ask their dear friends, the Buenos who were possibly classmates of Miss Murphy at Bethany or something like that. The Buenos would know all about that.