Thursday, January 31, 2013

Which Reminds Me

When I was working at Lockman Foundation I remember Lynn Johnson being fanatical about her diet because her husband was requiring that she lose weight, so she was drinking nothing but broth for lunch and that type of thing. So perhaps in one sense I am fortunate not to have a husband telling me what to eat. If I want to lose weight it would be only for myself feeling better, not because some man has dictated my weight requirement and thus there is no reason for me not to get as fat as I want to be if I wanted to be that fat, although I don't particularly want to be that fat or that skinny, and have to be nagged all the time about what to eat or not to eat. And also there are no Johnsons in my family tree so there is no reason for them to imagine that I would vote for LBJ anwyay just because Lady Bird's secretary or some type of assisatnt was somehow acquainted with my distant relatives, or so I remember having heard of. That does not change the fact that my parents voted for Nixon anyway because the Great Society was not really a conservative idea. But now that the great system of entitlement is built there we will never be able to get rid of it so thanks for nothing.