Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Which Reminds Me

How many times do I have to explain that it was in Miss Marken's 9th grade English honors class that Lance, in his report on the bull of Greek mythology, digressed to the subject of the Virgin birth, which he clearly disbelieves, and said so in many words of a shocking nature, making some points that obviously did not endear him to Christians of any faith? Obviously I do not appreciate some brown Catholics trying to make that a racial question by dumping me into the same garbage bin as Lance and his gang of faithless white American groupies just because I happen to also be a white U.S. citizen high school classmate as opposed to a Latin Catholic high school classmate. Did I ever hang out with Lance's groupies? No. Even though Lance seemed very cool in a high school way, he was too wicked to be taken seriously at that time. And are there not also some faithless Catholics out there blending into the brown wallpaper? Possibly. Anyway, I do not recall myself ever discussing this point with Sylvia or Kathy or other high school classmate, that she would have anything intelligent to say by way of explaining this point on my behalf. You cannot just jump to such conclusions without giving me a chance to explain what I actually thought about Lance. I might feel more sorry for those wicked brown groupies such as Kathy and Joanne if they weren't such obvious cheaters.