Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Which Reminds Me

I thought I had already explained this enough already. There is really nothing interesting to tell. We organized a hiking expedition. I had enjoyed it so much the previous time having gone with a group from Bill Bright's Christian organization and had talked about that so I think it was my mother who organized another expedition to share the experience with others also. And we invited Max along because he was my Sunday School teacher at church and maybe I am guessing my parents thought we needed an older, more mature native guide along so that we would not be just some white children out there on the mountainside all alone. So then just to be conversational I mentioned how beautiful the mountain view was from this angle, halfway up the trail, on such a sunshiny day at least at the moment. So then later, after we got back home, John Bueno called my mother to tell her that I should be confronted about my use of obscene words, and then my mother came and told me what I had said and I remember I was standing at the door of my bedroom and saying something like, "Oops!" because I just thought I was sort of like commenting on the weather, like what a lovely day, sort of. But given that Spanish is not my first language anyway, in addition to not having any notion of these unique Chilean slang terms, well, these language mistakes happen all the time. So that was embarrassing but whatever. So hopefully these people would graciously not ask me to embarrass myself by having to explain my mistake when I was not even sure how exactly that happened anyway. My mind just goes blank on this point. Nothing but mountain views come to my mind. So it is a bit weird that Max went out and used that to pump himself up into some Dutch monstrosity. I wasn't going to say anything about him, but this whole thing has gotten so ridiculous. It just wasn't that important.