Monday, December 29, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely recall that that in college there was a cheerleader named Grace, one of those Asian people who think that everyone should look uniformly brown and black or risk being ridiculed as a ludicrously multi-colored blue-eyed white person. Grace was from Hawaii, a boring state of no interest to me, a place that I have never visited. Maybe I did make the mistake of saying something to Grace about Hawaii. Whatever. So much water under the bridge. Anyway, personally, I am not against vacationing in Hawaii if that is what you where you want to go. Judging from photos, I am sure that there is much tropical vegetation there to provide beautiful tropical scenery. Nevertheless, there are 49 other states in the United States of equal importance, all deserving of my equal attention for other reasons and Hawaii is a late-coming dependent of the Union, not a key foundation stone of it. Hawaii might be a beautiful place to live even for a few years, as some of my relatives did, but I have never been there so I really wouldn't know anything about that, nor would I care much about learning more about that insignificant state when 49 other states are so much more important to me. I really don't care that much about Hawaii. I suppose that if someone offered me a job there I would not be averse to living there for a while, but I doubt that I would stay there permanently. Heaven is my home, I'm just passing through, as the song says.