Sunday, August 23, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Someone is reminding me of something that Terry once said. One day a group of us were walking across the college campus and Terry made some weird remark about me being his heifer. I took offense at that remark and said so, not that I would want to prolong the discussion beyond that day. To me it was a simple matter of not wanting to be described as the mindless cattle property of some obnoxious person named Terry. I do not wish to spend more time figuring out what you might have meant by saying such a weird thing as that, as if you were already planning to slit my throat on the chopping block. I do not wish to take seriously any of the bizarre statements continually spewing from the mouth of this angry Terry. We already know that Terry's ambition is to emulate not so much the example of Christ as that of the Beach Boys. We already know that Terry is a very angry person, always muttering and mumbling revenge on whoever, and always caring only about the exalting of himself at any cost. It is very important to me that I not be mistaken for one of those trashy bimbos who so much admire his somewhat dull and boring and mediocre singing, but I dare not say that in so many words. I think that Terry should stick to trumpet and forget about trying to sing. There so many singers better than Terry. But such a nice person as I am would never even think of saying what I really think about this shrill caterwauling of Dorothy. I wouldn't want to risk running afoul of their overly aggressive political operatives. They would just destroy me first, and even though their mediocrity might eventually receive its just desserts, I would already be destroyed early on anyway if I had dared to say anything at all about those snarky Cedar-dogs.