Monday, April 18, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it does get very annoying, all of this Alanna Haze clogging the airwaves. It was Alanna who called me (not the other way around) to tell me about how she had committed sin with a boy in the church. It was a shocking story. I had not even realized that those two people had ever dated, but that happened before my arrival. Oh, I didn't know that. And how was I supposed to respond? Not meaning to be mean, but I cannot accept responsibility for the misdeeds of all these people who did things wrong without any help from me. I can't just lie and tell her that sin is OK. Sin occurs when you are drawn into that situation by your own desires, not because someone knocked you over the head with a two-by-four. I already get that point. But anyway God is the judge of that, not me. God forgives sinners but still consequences are the natural fruit of sin. You have to repent of your sin and ask forgiveness and God does forgive you. Repentance also means to change your way of life and to turn away from the patterns that you can see might lead you into sin. So I probably said something about that. I don't remember what I said.

So it was shocking to learn that while the Poppyknows liked to flatter themselves on having attained the ministry, the quality of their people is pathetically low, basically a pack of street people. Well, it was actually Barbara Kraiss who said that, and who am I to argue with the District Big Cheese? I was there in that area maybe one year and then moved on because, really, there was no reason to stay. Not to be mean but I don't want to get caught spending too much time in such bad company.