Thursday, April 14, 2016

Which Reminds Me

I ask, why are all of these people screaming at me? I ask what do they want me to do? I ask what makes them think there is something that I can do for them? Is there nothing that my country can do for me? I was out of the country during Johnson's Great Society so I may have missed something on TV which may explain why I don't think this joke is very funny. So why can't they just tell me what they want in plain English? Until that happens I won't be able to say yes or no. I am not going to say yes without knowing what I am getting into. I just want my paycheck now but of course I would need to work a real job to get that. That's all that I need. So what do you want?

But there is a limit to what I would do for my country. To tell the truth, country is not at the top of my list of priorities. Come to think of it, I probably could and should refuse to cooperate with the illegal schemes of CIA agent high school classmates if their demands run counter to my conscience, when they are asking me to do something morally wrong, when they are asking me to disobey school rules.

I am not going to give blanket approval to something I can't understand. So unless you can explain something to me maybe I'll just have to say no.