Monday, April 18, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Alanna was parroting the praises of Jimmy the famous evangelist from Red Stick Louisiana, who was so highly extolled by the Pastors of the church there. Yet I say something about how I cannot feel any great admiration for him, I don't know why. Of course that was before we knew that he was so sick and mentally ill. I told her something that my mother had said about him back in the days when he was being watched on television, and he was frothing at the mouth, telling mothers to teach their daughters not to wear shorts, and my mother said he was exaggerating this point too much was evidence that he probably had some problem. So it is not good to base your faith too much on these big-shot TV preachers who are here one day and gone tomorrow, because anyway it is not about them. God is eternal. God is omnipresent. But we people here on earth are only passing through. We are on a journey to somewhere else.