Friday, April 29, 2016

Which Reminds Me

The snarky Walkers were trying to make some points about single women missionaries who included their stepmother, Luisa Jeter Walker, who was a single woman missionary before she married their widowed father. Ok, so, whatever. I am glad that I am not in her shoes. Luisa wrote a three-volume history of AG missions in Latin America and, despite the many years she spent toiling to compile this mass of information, thus proving herself to be a lousy historian. As proof of this I offer the chapter on El Salvador which entirely omits any mention of my family even though we were there for eight years as appointed AG missionaries, almost as if we never existed. But we were from Southern California, a district that has since vaporized itself. But the book was written in Spanish so I don't know if most people in the U.S. would have noticed this. But I have no desire to engage in dialogue with the snarky clueless Walker family.