Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Accidents

Those Irish-Catholics have a lot of nerve trying to dump me in the same category as Senator Ted Kennedy in regard to traffic accidents.
  1. Have I ever driven while drunk? No, I never drink alcohol so no chance that I would ever test positive for DUI.
  2. Did I leave the scene of the accident without notifying authorities? No. I did not leave the scene. Someone went across the street to call the police for us. I watched the off-duty paramedic working on Mr. Skinkle's neck and later the emergency vehicle carried him away in a stretcher.
  3. Did Mr. Skinkle die at the scene? No, he died several months later while vacationing in Ireland.
  4. Would I ever run for political office so that they could use their "Chappaquidick" file against me in a sort of tit-for-tat against my Republic family who do sometimes talk about politics and their distaste for such liberal Democrat politicians? No, I was never interested in becoming a politician so I am not going to give them that opportunity.
My cousins might remember that Grandpa Calkins was a rabidly outspoken Republican. Nothing wrong with being a Republican. Nothing wrong with speaking your mind at home as long as the wicked cousins are not around to listen and report you to national Democratic party headquarters.