Wednesday, January 19, 2011

June Lines

Yes, it was June of Massachusetts who was on my floor at Evangel College who did some kind of Bette Midler/Mae West imitation at the college talent show. I seem to remember her quoting some rather risque lines from the movies, something like, "Come up and see me some time." She looks so much like Bette Midler and she even has that Boston accent nailed to perfection. I guess it helps to be from Massachusetts. After the show some guys were razzing some of us who were walking down the hall on our way in the direction of the dorm, especially June. I guess they thought she really was a Bette Midler/Mae West kind of girl, not just an act. But that was June, always a little too over the edge for my comfort. Perhaps Joey would remember this event. Joey, as I recall, had a sister who later ended up working at Editorial Vida in Miami. This was years ago, back when Bobby Bueno was still single and also worked at Editorial Vida. I do not remember whether Bobby and Joey's sister, what's-her-name, ever dated. I do think she liked him but maybe they did not get that serious. Bobby later married Cilinia. I am trying to remember what her name was but it does not come to mind. I have not heard anything about her for years and years but the last time I did hear of her she was living down in South Miami raising a bunch of children she had adopted or was fostering as a single mother. I have no idea what happened to her. So many people come and go in South Florida. It is very transient here. It is very hard to keep track of all these people when they are only here a short while and then move on to something else.