Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mind Control

Oh, did I mention that I never saw that movie, "The Manchurian Candidate"? No, I do not think that I did mention it. I am thinking that someone asked me whether I had seen it. Sure, we have all heard those stories about POWs in Asia, how they torture people by tearing out their fingernails and doing other unspeakable things to their bodies. I did read the stories of some Vietnam POWs. So sad. Some people are just sick. Let's see. Am I talking about the CIA or the KGB? Hmmm... I am not sure what I mean. Some are saying that all's fair in love and war. All for one and one for all. Sure, the "Three Musketeers" may have been a good book even if I never did read it, only saw one or two of the movies. Nevertheless, some people are just sick. Absolute power corrupts absolutely so perhaps they should not be too eager to grasp for the brass ring. For this reason I will not even try to figure out why some people had nominated me to perform the role of nun. No, not the flying nun. I think they were talking about the ones who were killed by Salvadoran soldiers during the war. I would not know anything about that. I am not saying that I was paying attention to the news from down there, just know things were bad generally speaking. I have not read Joan's book so cannot comment intelligently on such matters. I am busy trying to get a life, please. I really do not have time to discuss these matters.