Sunday, January 30, 2011

Literature Correction

Oops! Yes, "Vanity Fair" was written by Thackeray, not Henry James. I am not very familiar with the writings of Henry James generally speaking, or Thackeray for that matter. So many books, so little time. Generally speaking my reading tastes do not venture far into this type of cynicism. It wearies the mind to read of these contrived situations and artificial and stilted dialogue, words that no one would actually say in conversation and are only thought of in the author's mind, a mind that would not fit in my head without rearranging my brain. I want to think my own thoughts and be a person of my own making, not the creation of some literary creep. So while it is sort of nice to offer your literary services, your services are not acceptable to me. I must decline your inadequate offer because the result would not be acceptable in quality and scope and ultimate aim. You do not know where I am going. I know where I am going and I know who is going with me and it is not you.