Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Evangel First Semester

Halfway through my first semester at Evangel I changed roommates. Judy moved downstairs to another floor and I moved down the hall to room with this girl who was very conservative, maybe Mennonite. She was nice but she seemed to think that I was too worldly. The second semester she moved to a different dorm. So that's fine. It is not like I would expect a Mennonite girl to get along that well with me anyway. They think they know everything and they are always right so that puts me on the outs all of the time. The second semester my roommate was Jan Green? who was extremely wild and worldly in comparison to me. She even dyed her hair red, unlike my natural red. She was really too worldly and not someone I would want to stay in touch with in the future, another reason not to go back there. So sometimes these things are relative. It depends on who you are comparing to whom to determine who is more worldly or more conservative than whoever else. It is not so clear at times as you might imagine. So we each have our standards and if your standards are not my standards that does not make me wrong. You might even be wrong. I do not necessarily have to listen to your opinion just because you think you know everything.