Friday, January 21, 2011

Latecomers

In case you have not heard this, back in 1983 I turned down a job at Maximized Manhood in Newport Beach, Calif. I never did work there, only felt uncomfortable with the interview by that lawyer, the son-in-law of Ed Cole, who made some weird comment about me being too quiet, like maybe he would not feel comfortable having such a quiet person working for him or something, so my thought was fine, you do not have to have me working for you, no problem. Anyway, the Coles were friends of my grandparents. It's a long story and I don't really know the half of it. Grandpa Calkins used to serve on their board of directors and one time I went to lunch with my grandparents and the Coles and I remember Mr. Cole saying that it was Grandpa Calkins who played a huge role in leading him to the Lord because before he was saved Mr. Cole was a drunken loser who used to work for my grandpa who was a plastering contractor. The story goes that Mr. Cole once poured cement in my Dad's shoes. So anyway, my Dad can tell the story better than I can. So anyway, Mr. Cole said that he considered Grandpa Calkins his example for Christian manhood, whatever that means. I am a girl so obviously I am not going to follow in those footsteps and, sadly, Uncle Merle also cannot be said to have followed in those footsteps as his pathetically broken family clearly demonstrates. It is so sad that Uncle Merle's family is a disaster but things were not always this bad. Of course, it did not help to have worthless Pastor Webber poisoning the well. We feel sorry for the families of the victims but we were just as clueless as they were and not sure how those events unfolded as we were not there. The mothers of the victims wanted to share their pain with me for some vengeful reason, saying that because their sons were abused by Pastor Webber and cannot get married, that I also must be single and eternally plagued with gender confusion. I beg to differ with these hateful women of twisted mind. Who knew Pastor Webber's scheme was so grandiose? What is his problem with the Calkins family anyway? What a bizarre grudge to hold! The mothers are just as sick as psycho-creep Pastor Webber and someone really needs to work on them as well. It is not enough to ship pastor out to pasture. The damage to Carlsbad area is extensive and lots of people need mental health therapy and I am not talking about me. I am talking about them. They know who they are.