Saturday, January 29, 2011

Turning

Which reminds me, what was that about the Henry James classic, "The Turn Of The Screw"? I have not yet read the book. I could not even get a few pages into "Vanity Fair" without falling asleep so obviously Henry James is not someone that I enjoy reading. I did reading "Wuthering Heights" and learned of the sorry fate of those bad people, Heathcliff and Catherine. How miserable they were for the rest of their lives because they did not behave themselves properly when they were young. It is when you are young that you lay the foundation for the rest of your life so please do yourself a favor and do the right things now, obey your parents and so forth, so that when you are old you can rest and enjoy life and the fruit of your labors. I guess that is the point I am supposed to make. I already knew this anyway. I didn't a bratty little witch to tell me what I already know, thank you very much.