Monday, February 27, 2012

Pacifism

I wonder what makes the wicked Bueno-Hoskins think that I would ever contract to sell my soul to them? They will get nothing from me, especially not now, after they have ruined my life with their greedy quest for vainglory. I am not even related to those dogs and I don't remember sharing any personal stories with them. What were they thinking? How utterly rude to barge into my personal life this way. I don't want those hideous people pretending to be friends when actually they are the worst kind of enemy a person could have, pretending to be nice to my face all the while stabbing me in the back and picking my pocket. They are sadly mistaken and stupid if they think that I am a "Pentecostal pacifist" and that I would not put up some type of resistance to their relentless greed and theft of everything mine, my personality, my thoughts and ambitions, my goals, whatever I said. However, just because I am not a pacifist, that does not mean that I would care to take the military route. I never did see any point in enlisting in the army when I really don't think I would fit in the military world with its boring uniformity and its off-target mission to mindlessly kill and destroy without knowing what you are talking about, at least in this case. The Butterfield cousins signed their souls away to the army and got the devil's free ride contract for themselves but I never did understand the Butterfields and what their problem is or why people would actually take them seriously because I don't. I know that Pentecostal is not a synonym of pacifist even if you haven't figured this out yet. Lots of Pentecostals are not and never were pacifists, especially in our family. My great-grandfather's WWI draft registration card makes note of his poor eyesight and that he is a 42-year-old minister with three children so obviously he is not going to be considered prime material for the combat lines regardless. It was his friend Charles W. Storey, later a fellow missionary to China, who was registered as a conscientious objector in WWI, and Storey's grandson Jonathan Brooks is the one who now runs that organization in Tulsa, Okla., called "Voice of China." If you want to know about pacifism all you have to do is call the Voice of China. Now, does that mean that all the Chinese are pacifists like Mr. Storey? I really wouldn't know. It's not like there are any WWI draft registration cards on them. And also, it is not like I would be able to speak for China. I think we should let the Voice of China speak for itself.