Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Rentz Wedding

I am trying to remember if someone ushered me to a seat when I attended the Rentz wedding at Bethel Assembly. I had no choice but to attend, my parents having dragged me along with them, but I don't remember if someone ushered me or not to our places. All I remember is that the Rentz's son Mark married some Cuban girl whose name I don't recall. I don't really know those people and do not remember what happened to them or where they went. All I know is that he was the pastor's son so everyone felt sort of obligated to attend his wedding. I don't really remember anything about it, actually. So that was a nice event for him. The Rentz's later moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, but we did not follow them there. Not in a million years would I ever think of moving to Louisiana, no offense intended. I always thought Pastor Rentz was a great preacher but Louisiana would not be my choice of residence. It was once suggested that I apply for a job there but I never did that for some reason. I am sure they found someone more qualified than myself to do translation work for the Jimmy Swaggart organization. Of course, that was before the fall. I remember that later, when I was living in California, Alana Hays of the Popineau church yapping about how wonderful Jimmy Swaggart is. Of course, that was before the fall. Alana Hays is the type of trashy slut who would be impressed by that kind of thing but I never felt any affinity with the Louisiana way of doing things. It is not good to base your faith on what these televangelists say. Like I told Alana, I always remember that time years ago at home and my mom was doing the ironing and on TV Swaggart was working himself into a lather on the subject of how mothers should teach their daughters not to wear shorts and my mom remarked that obviously he has a problem. I mean, who in their right mind would be foaming at the mouth on this type of subject matter if they did not have some kind of problem. But that was before the fall so we really didn't know. It was just something my mom said, like I told Alana.