Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Johnson Connection

In our recent studies of our family tree, aided by great-grandmother's diaries, we learn that our great-grandmother had a cousin named Nancy Ermina Smith who married Edward Randall Johnson. The Johnsons had three children: Ogden, Lucille and Ermina. These people lived in New York and we never knew they existed until recently. Anyway, they are all dead now so there is nothing else to say about this. Ogden and his wife Agnes had only two daughters so we see there are no Johnsons per se related us out there.

Which reminds me that my mother's Texas relatives had a distant cousin who at one time was employed by Lady Bird Johnson in some capacity. I really don't remember anything more specific about that. My mother probably remembers more about that. The connection was very distant if at all. I really would not be able to comment as I remember nothing about that. Nevertheless, I am not an employee of the Hibberts so they should be getting their own clues.