Monday, November 25, 2013

Which Reminds Me

At college there was a whole quad of guys who prided themselves in chewing tobacco. This was perhaps a sneaky way of getting around college rules forbidding smoking and dancing. Personally I don't see anything particularly "cool" about chewing tobacco. Makes you wonder how they ever got girlfriends willing to kiss such tobacco breath, but they did. Anyway, I never really wanted to think about them that much. I remember that Heather Stewart, a South Africa MK, married one of the tobacco chewers, Dwight McConnell. Later Dwight became a missionary to South Africa himself and Heather was able to return to the country where she grew up. I really never asked how they got approved as tobacco chewing missionaries. Some things are better left unsaid. If I were to ask about that I am sure that I would get back a lot of guff because it will done unto you what do unto others, so to speak, is sort of an unwritten rule. If I were to make waves about the tobacco chewers I am sure that they would find some reason to snipe back at me so I never said anything else about that. Whatever. It is better to leave such matters to the authorities that be because it is not my place to say. It is not my place to check up on their tobacco fumes.