Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I don't have to explain that we are not Dutch. That was so nice of Susie's brother David to pay for sodas that time Susie and I went somewhere with him to a restaurant in El Salvador. I mean, nobody said anything beforehand about it being a Dutch event and so it was just assumed that since David generously invited, David would be generously paying for all. Otherwise I would not have been there in the first place. Otherwise David would have said upfront that I would need to pay for my own soda or whatever it was that we had there. That is not how it unfolded in my view and I have yet to feel even a twinge of guilt over that minor incident which has been transmogrified into something else by the shenanigans of some obnoxious persons. If the Stewarts are such kind and generous people, why are they demanding that I pay for Cathy's lunch? I think that you are supposed to give without demanding anything in return. Otherwise God cannot bless your generosity given that you are just a stingy miser in disguise.