Monday, November 11, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Yes, who was the high school classmate who mentioned in an oral report something about the draft dodgers who fled to Canada? I cannot quite recall the context of that or who said it. I just seem to suddenly remember the mention of draft dodgers living in Canada. Those poor things shivering in their ice cube igloos must be having a chilly time up there and no way to get home without facing justice face to face. I really wouldn't know as I never dodged the draft, not being male and also military service not being a legal requirement of our family. I can't speak for your family but only in Israel is a two-year military service de rigeur for all, the last I heard. I have not emigrated to Israel as far as I know so I feel no obligatory guilt at not having taken that route. I really wasn't interested and the nation has an overabundance of persons taking that route anyway so there was no reason to imagine that our family was going to require military and/or ministerial service. Either way, it is strictly up to you what you want to do. We really don't care.