Monday, November 4, 2013

Which Reminds Me

My parents always warned me not to marry a Spanish man and I did not. However, I may have made the mistake of explaining my parents' rules to other persons who have no respect for my parents' wisdom in such a thing. Also, it is apparent that some of our distant cousins apparently did not get the memo. We are not a Spanish family and we are not interested in surrendering to the Spanish Armada. You cannot just show up at our house and steal all of our stuff without getting blown away by naval forces. You have to go through the proper channels. Of course, if you had a family member on your team you might try to get your hands on the proverbial locked box, if there really were such a thing, and then again maybe not. We do feel a certain degree of pity for the pathetically stupid cousins, stuck as they are permanently in PR territory. However, they are not us. We are not obligated to remedy their personal mistakes by charitable donation when obviously they are already getting welfare assistance from the government anyway. God will take care of them.