Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Charlie Brown

Yes, come to think of it, I think that I did write the story in the Trojan Times about the band's production of "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown." If so, why in the story do I refer to Trina Tinker as the first chair clarinet player? I do not remember that. Was it not Bevy Ochoa who occupied the first chair clarinet position so indispensable to the instrumental section of the band? Obviously Trina's clarinet skills were not so essential to the instrumental side of things and besides she was a natural for the part of obnoxious loud-mouth Lucy. And why is Leland Bement's band instrument not listed? Everyone remembers him as Trina's boyfriend but I don't remember what instrument he played in the band. I really do not remember the details of the article and how it ended up that way in the paper. I always thought they did a very good job for instrumentalists pretending to be singers. I don't remember thinking about this very much. It is not like I ever thought about Trina and Leland after high school. These people just are not really part of my life other than high school, which ended a long time ago. They had their place in time but that time is long past, just a few memories here and there, nothing really to hold on to too tightly because there might be something better for me in the future somewhere else if I could just shake off all these psychos who plague my life with their nonsense. It is just not about them.