Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mass Communication

Yes, I do find this joke about "mass communication" to be in particularly bad taste. Mass Communication refers to the use of a medium of communication, the media technologies — radio, television, the Internet, for example — so that one person may communicate with a massive number of people all at once. So that's nice. Mass communication has its place. For me, mass communication is nothing personal. Media technologies have their place but they can never replace the personal communication of relationships between family and friends. I cannot be expected to rely on the talking heads of television, the nattering nabobs of networking, to build my personal relationship with God and people. The chatterboxes are always out there yapping and flapping their jaws about what they imagine is important but their frame of references is so different from mine. Like God says in His Word, "My thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways." The yappers of mass communication are always building code languages by which they imagine themselves communicating a single meaning to large numbers of people who understand the code language. For example, I remember Cori talking about the code of rock music. Cori mentioned some very common words that are endued by them with sexual meaning. I always thought that was so stupid. To adopt the rock music code is to unlock the secrets of evil. Why would we want to do that? I do not need to know all that garbage anyway. It is just another example of the type of thing one learns from trashy witch Cori and nothing more. Oh, did I mention this to dim bulb Dauna? One would go nuts if one took anything that Cori says seriously. Anway, these yappers assume that everyone speaks their code but in reality we do not need their code in order to communicate our wants and needs directly to God. I am not required to vet my prayer requests through television channels before directing my thoughts to God. God knows what I mean before I even know what to say so I do not need the yappers of television to confuse matters. It is time that the yappers of television learned a little humility. I am tired of them trying to blackmail me, imagining that this vague and uneasy sense of guilt will somehow prompt me to send them money when they actually have millions of dollars locked away in vaults to pay for their technologies. We know this because they refuse to disclose the vast number of properties and assets. This is a clue that they are hiding something although we are not sure what. So why should I care? They are not my problem. There will never be enough money for them. There will never be enough adulation from the masses to satisfy them. They are insatiable but they are not my problem. Local churches are where true relationships are supposed to be found so that is where we should put our money in my opinion.