Monday, October 11, 2010

Not Important

Yes, I vaguely remember that when I was at SCC one day Cori brought some woman to our room. I remember that she was sitting there yapping away about breasts. She was married so apparently, from what she said, one gathers that these matters get more complicated after marriage. Nevertheless, it is hard for me to reference this conversation because, for one thing, I cannot remember her name or anything about her, not even who her husband was. That was the only time I ever saw her. If there were other people in the room listening to this conversation in addition to Cori I really don't remember who they might have been. I do not know where Cori finds all these people. So maybe I might have felt a little bit annoyed about having to stand there observing as if a guest in my own room because I seem to remember that she was sitting in my desk chair, maybe. That is not really such a big deal as to make a scene about as she is only a guest anyway and will not be staying. I cannot remember whether I stayed for the entire conversation. I do vaguely remember her referencing some factoids previously unknown to me but, really, I cannot think of a single reason to regurgitate the woman's worthless conversation. She was just one of these chatterboxes. They just chat chat chat. It's nothing important from my point of view, just trivialities. Chatterboxes have no ability to distinguish between what is important and what is not important. They just dump everything but the kitchen sink into a huge chatterbox which is why they are never allowed to see my writing before it is ready for publication. They just would not understand. Sure, in my high school notebooks there is a short little poem about needing to hold onto the past. Nevertheless, a chatterbox interpretation of that poem would be disastrous. I only need to hold on to that which is pure, true, of good report, excellent, praiseworthy, etc. A lot of other insignificant trivia collected along the way can be safely ignored and forgotten and never brought to remembrance.