Thursday, October 21, 2010

Speaking Of Mississippi

Speaking of Mississippi, the Balius missionary family is also from there. They lived in Miami when we first moved here in the 1980s but they long ago moved to Springfield, Missouri, a much safer place in general for AG peoples who have many churches to pick from there. Anyway, it is sad that the Balius' son-in-law Don, while a missionary to Colombia, committed adultery and now lives in Miami with the woman who is now his second wife. He is no longer a minister and has some type of grunt-work office job. How could such a thing happen to persons who seemed to have it all together? We just have no clue and are no longer in communication with Don. We only hear about them sometimes through the Balius's, about how their daughter sort of backslid and got rebellious when living with her father and that sort of thing. And why is Rachel Balius not married? I have no clue. She makes lots of money as a research nurse in Chicago but still I have not heard of any wedding there so even if she is nicer, sweeter and more spiritual than myself, as her parents probably think, her mother being horrified to find me watching "Three Musketeers" movie on television, perfect little Rachel crowned a Missionette Queen probably never watches movies, still there is no guarantee that a better person will get married as opposed to garbage like me. Rachel was my sister's friend in Miami and co-student at nursing school in Springfield so my sister would be the one to ask about Rachel, not me. I do not really know much about Rachel.