Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Band Mothers

Yes, my Charlie Brown story as it appears in the Trojan Times only partially resembles what I originally wrote. What appears there is basically a list of persons participating in the event. I no longer remember what I originally wrote. I just remember there was something said about Craig Whittle's Snoopy being on for two nights so I should not have said so much about Tim Tinker's Snoopy. But I attended the first night and only saw Tim Tinker's Snoopy so cannot really comment on Craig's Snoopy. The story is so much shorter that cartoons were drawn to fill the empty space that was left behind at the end of the story. Anyway, perhaps our advisor Michelle Morris or editor Beth Slay remember more about this as they were likely the ones conducting the surgery on my story which basically ends up being a laundry list and not much more than that. One does not think too much about it if nosy band mothers have an "in" with Mrs. Morris and can thus work their will in a high school newspaper but such antics do not fly in the real world. In the real world the band mothers such as Mrs. Whittle are not allowed to rewrite history to make their kids look better than they really were.