Friday, October 15, 2010

Creepy Mike

Why would anyone give a hoot about anything that creepy weird Mike of downtown Fort Lauderdale might say about anything? Mike is a political activist and professional handyman who lives with a roommate, a creepy weird old man of skin-crawlingly bizarre appearance. I only know this because Sharon told me her impressions. Mike attended my sister and brother-in-law's church singles group for a couple of years back in the 1990s. He briefly dated Sharon but after he took her to his house and introduced her to his roommate, Sharon came to the conclusion that Mike is probably gay as he has been living with the old man for a very long time. I can't really confirm or deny Sharon's analysis as I do not that much about Mike. All I know about Mike is that he once lived in Haines City in Central Florida. At about the same time that I worked at the Haines City Herald newspaper Mike was bagging groceries at the Publix grocery store across the street from the newspaper building, not that I remembered him from there. We just talked about this Haines City connection once or twice. I seem to remember him saying his parents are Baptist pastors in the Haines City area. He once brought them to Christian Life Center in Fort Lauderdale and introduced them to me along with his roommate who was standing behind the parents, and he did seem to match Sharon's description, so that is the only time I ever saw those people. Mike is very weird, always sending out weird vibes which freaked me out a couple of times. So why would anyone take weird Mike seriously? I certainly would not.