Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dennison

So just because I studied music in college, that does not make me a clone of Mrs. Lily Dennison, the amateur singer of Lima, Ohio. What happened to Mr. Dennison anyway? We have no connection whatever to Ohio so the women's club was never anything that we were aware of and their disdain means nothing to me. The only thing that matters to me is what Jesus says about me. Jesus tells me that I have this treasure in a jar of clay. Our bodies are frail vessels. We cannot engage in sexual misconduct and think that there will be no consequences. Thus, the New Testament says that if we live by biblical principles that our treasure will be preserved. What treasure is this? It is not a matter of money and dollars. It is a matter of being in good standing in my relationship with Jesus which is more important than anything else. It is something personal that I really can't explain, just knowing and having confidence in my own heart that I can go boldly before the throne to make my petitions known, because I have in Jesus a high priest who was sinless and yet experienced in his own body the temptations that are common to all and took upon himself the punishment that I deserved. Jesus experienced fully the scorn of mankind so at least Jesus knows how I feel even if no one else does.