Monday, November 22, 2010

Nationals

I am a national of the United States. So when the book describes nationals working alongside missionaries, just because I had a part-time freelance job during high school translating letters at 2 cents apiece, that does not make me a national in a Salvadoran national. You are just splitting hairs if you think that is a reference to me. It is not a reference to me. It is talking about the nationals of the individual countries. No missionary is going to argue with the local patriotism of the individual countries. That was not our purpose. Each country has its own legal and governmental system, the Caesars that be, and it is not our purpose to tell you what to do about that. You have your opinions but we are not taking sides in your political system because we do not really understand what you mean exactly. Anyway, the Bible tells me to avoid people who are embroiled in silly arguments and quarrels.

Titus 3:9: "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain"