Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Moores

I am imagining that Harold and Joy Moore lived on happily ever after there in Virginia Beach although I really would not know. I only remember Joy talking about Harold's many character flaws, about how his behavior is so fake and he gets so puffed up with pride, so vain and conceited and even somewhat deceitful when he is speaking in public or playing any public role and how this really bothered her. Joy also said that Harold was feeling very guilty and apologetic about all of the things that he had done with his previous girlfriend. I am not sure why Joy told me all of this information. It is not like I would want to know this and I really did not ask any details but Joy just said that Harold felt like he had gone too far with his previous girlfriend, something about what they did in the car. Whatever. If I try to remind her of this conversation and ask if this is still a problem or if it all got worked out she will act like nothing happened so I will not pursue the subject or ask anything about it. Anyway, it is not my problem. Why should I borrow their problems? She is the one who decided to live with that apparently and married the guy. Harold Moore really was nobody to me, just some guy she picked up at church, Joy being my roommate at the time. Joy seemed to think that his family had been prominent in Tennessee but what would Joy in Viriginia know about that anyway? Joy mentioned to me that Harold told her that he thought that I was dirty. Ok, so the dishes sometimes piled up in the sink when I had a lot of homework to do, there being no dishwasher, and the yellowish linoleum floors always looked dirty no matter what. And Joy spent every waking moment nearly at his apartment cleaning his floors, spending all her money on expensive stuff for him rather than contribute to my utility bill, so she was not exactly an ideal roommate. So all in all I do not think that the opinion of the Harold Moore matters in the least. Harold Moore is not my boss and never will be so his opinion just does not matter.