Thursday, November 11, 2010

Things That I Have Heard

Just because I heard something, that does not mean that I know very much about it or that it has anything to do with me. Actually, it does not have much of anything to do with me. Don't we all do some silly things when we are very young? I could tell a few stories on myself, like the time we put a bunch of things, vinegar and whatever could be found in the kitchen, into a bottle and offered it to the drunken bum who was sitting outside on the sidewalk and he took it and thought we were doing him a favor. The maid went out later and told him not to drink it. How mean we were back then, at Susie's house, playing with Susie. Ha ha ha! So whatever. I am a grownup now so I am not allowed to say all these self-deprecating things about myself but nevertheless that is all I can remember. Like how silly it was that people at the Yearys' church were telling me that I was not allowed to mention that I am a missionary kid. And like how am I supposed to avoid mentioning this when everybody already knows this anyway? And, like, since when is it a crime to be a missionary kid? Should I be embarrassed of who I am or try to erase half of my lifetime and still be able to function with no memories and no personality? Ha ha ha! They must be joking. Did I do something wrong? Not that I recall. But MKs do hear things. Like the time my parents went to a missionary retreat in Florida and the speaker was maybe Wayne Kraiss who talked about the time that a girl at SCC was raped by two guys. And my mom was really freaked out by that story and was telling me about that and what a terrible thing it was. How could such a thing happen at a Christian college? I just cannot imagine. I do not know any names so I cannot really comment intelligently on the event. I only know what my mom said about what Mr. Kraiss said about the event, but news travels down the grapevine, no doubt about that. Not that anything like that ever happened to me, but everyone doubtless has heard about it and lots of people know who they are.