Tuesday, November 16, 2010

THE TAPE

I spent a lot of time transcribing THE TAPE word for word. I thought I had already posted this along with my snarky little comments but maybe some people missed this. Yes, Susie spends a great deal of time talking about everything she got for Christmas and describing in detail all the stuff that she got from all of her many relatives. Susie really lucked out with all the booty she hauled away on Christmas day. It makes you realize how stupid Susie thinks we are, the way she hems and haws and aahhs and drags things out and making longer than necessary her description of trivia than we really don't care that much about anyway. We are not really as dumb as Susie thinks we are but it would be sort of rude to break the truth to her as she would just never accept a negative truth about herself anyway. To hear her tell it everything is always our fault and she never makes any mistakes which makes it kind of a waste of time to respond. We did not send an answer tape back right away. In fact it was not until maybe April that I started an answer tape and for some reason my sister never contributed her half to the tape nor was it mailed back to Susie so it is still in our possession. Yes, my tone of voice is a little snarky but if you look at what I actually said, I didn't say much. Anyway, by April a description of Christmas gifts would just be old news. Why bore everyone with the trivial details? Is my name Susie? No, my name is not Susie. Better to get on with my life, graduate from high school and go home to the United States where I belong than to try to remember what I got for Christmas from my relatives last year.