Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Am Not Susie

Yes, I am not Susie so I do not really know Christy Register although I do remember meeting her at MK Retreat. Susie is the one who knows everybody. Susie is the consummate schmoozer and she is friendly with pretty much everyone. It gives me a headache to think all the lines that Susie crosses with no problem in her networking. Without Susie to follow around, I would not even be aware of the Registers to schmooze with them and anyway why would I want to? With the demise of STAR and loss of missionary standing are reduced to furniture salesman from what I heard. However, I do remember that once years ago when Susie was living out here Susie invited me to go with her to Lakeland to visit the Registers, Joe and his wife. Christy is their daughter. So we drove up to Central Florida and we stopped in at the Register's house where Mrs. Register was reading a book. Apparently Mrs. Register reads many books and spends too much time reading books at the expense of other household duties. This fact was gently joked about by Mr. Register, or did Susie say that? Anyway, there was some conversation about some stuff and then we left and I don't remember what else we did up there on that trip. So the Registers are friends of Susie who, of course, is well known to all as MK-El Salvador. Susie's parents were pioneer missionaries having served before the cutoff date of maybe 1965 so she is of celebrity status to missionaries everywhere whereas my family are of the "Second Wave" of missionaries as the maid Chavelita used to say of us. So anyway, if you want to know about Christy and Registers you could always ask Susie. Susie probably knows a lot more about them than I do.