Monday, November 8, 2010

Lottie Moon

Yes, it was interesting to learn during my research that my cousins, the Andrews, are related somehow by family connection to Lottie Moon who was famously a missionary to China around the turn of the century. Obviously I am not related to Lottie Moon. My cousins have that connection from the Andrews side of their family. So that's nice. What a small world it is, so many missionary ancestors, so little time to mention all of them. The Methodists, the Presbyterians, the Baptists, they all accomplished many great things in China. Still, it is interesting that the church of China exploded after the foreigners left. The missionaries did many things right so probably without their century or more of hard work there would not have been a church in China to grow but they put many good things in place to plant a vibrant growing church even if they saw few results in their lifetimes. So just because Conchita got this conversation all twisted around, that does not make me a Julie Andrews wannabe. (Movie: "Hawaii") Which reminds me of another reason why I did not return to Evangel. I always so much hated arguing with Rhonda Hurd as if I should prove myself to her. And who is Rhonda Hurd anyway? Rhonda Hurd is nobody so it just does not matter that much if Rhonda Hurd and Jan Chance don't get it. I know what I am talking about and that is all that matters to me.