Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fiction

Yes, that was a lovely novel by Eugenia Price set on St. Simon's Island, Georgia, in which the wealthy lady gives a gift to her friend, a crystal bird, as a symbol of their friendship because it reminds her of her friend's lovely free and soaring spirit, or something like that. No one ever gave me a crystal bird. However, I personally don't need that stuff cluttering my life so I really don't care. It would just get too expensive if I had to keep up with the Prices. Besides, I am really not related to the Price family even though, well, there might be a connection somewhere on the family tree but too remote for me to know about this or care about finding out who those people are. After so many generations it doesn't really matter that much anymore, at least not to me. However, in my great-grandmother's diaries we did learn of the existence of Nellie Ermina Smith (born 1897) who was the daughter of my great-grandmother's cousin Arthur D. Smith (born 1869) and who married Chester Arthur Price (1894-1956). I know nothing about those people so I can't really say much about them. Someone in the family might remember them but I am not that old, obviously.