Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sword Play

What a joke, these violently militant Methodists daring to accuse me of living by the sword. I was only playing a theatrical role when I did the role of the captain in the musical play "The Stranger," unlike some other people that I can think of. That's really not who I am. My personality is actually nothing like that. They must have me confused with someone else nastier than I am. Like I was saying, I am not really interested in picking fights with people and going around trashing people the way they do, they knowing exactly who they are. Like I was discussing with someone in fourth grade, perhaps whiny Alexandra, about that storybook found in the school library, I am not that girl from the South who moved to New York and found that her maliciously gossipy way of trashing people and tearing them down behind their backs was not considered acceptable behavior by the cool and sophisticated girl she met in New York. She learned right away that this type of nasty gossip would not be accepted in New York. In our fictional tale, the New York girl always managed to avoid saying anything bad about anyone and always benefited for it and for that reason brushed the southern girl aside. Obviously I was born out west so Alexandra is way out in left field if she thinks she is talking about me. I never drew a picture of a southern house with a front porch and hammock as any kind of personal memory expressing homesickness for the South as in the story because I was never from the South. I don't remember anything about Alexandra now and I never did see the musical "Oliver Twist" and couldn't care less. That was a movie she saw with my sister only. I don't remember it because I didn't go there.