Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Steaks

The steaks that I broiled for dinner turned out well so I probably could learn how to cook if I had to. I served steak for dinner when I invited my co-worker Brenda and her husband Doug Hunt for dinner one evening. I don't suppose that Doug Hunt would be related to my distant relatives, the Hunts who were from Northern California. The thought never even crossed my mind. We don't really know anything about my Dad's Uncle Eugene and his father Clarence Henry Hunt (1893-1955) born in Iowa, died in Susanville, Calif. All we know is that Eugene married my Dad's Aunt Mary Olive and they were missionaries in Venezuela for many years. They left the AG and turned Christian Missionary Alliance which was their choice but not our choice. The Alliance is very small and not Pentecostal anymore so if we ever did see them we would probably never really talk about religion because we don't really understand what their problem is.

That was such a depressing movie that I saw over at Brenda and Doug's place. It was about two sisters and their guardian. One of the sisters went to high school and got connected to social workers and had her guardian reported to the authorities. The other sister and the guardian fled from the house that was raided by the police and social workers and rode the rails out of town. And that was the whole story. So depressing.