Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Which Reminds Me

When I was in third grade, my little sister decided to go home after school with one of her first grade friends. I was appalled at her callous disregard of the need to notify our parents before running off somewhere. We are supposed to go home on the school bus where our parents are expecting us get off the bus and walk home at a time certain. But little sister has a complete disregard of these proprieties so I had a choice. I could get on the bus and go home by myself and leave little 6-year-old sister to hang by herself or I could insist on going along with her so that she will not get lost or if something bad happen then maybe I could remember our home telephone number. I don't remember why I thought I could help with that for some reason so I went with her. But I am older and wiser now.