Sunday, January 15, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose that John and Bob may still be irritated with my mother about all those opinionated things she was saying about how they should spend their money or not. John Bueno was saying online that he resents that his vast and expansive vision of benevolent institutionalization should ever be questioned by any practical thought of budget limitations which my mother may have posed. My mother was the field bookkeeper. While working at Life Publishers, she was in charge of data processing and would print out the monthly financial statements while questioning loudly all kinds of numerical discrepancies on the spreadsheet which I cannot possibly recall at this late date, which probably did nothing to discourage the conspirators. I wasn't paying attention to that. But I suppose that you will want to make some snarky point about how my mother is not the certifiable public accountant on staff. That was Carmelo's job. And who was fired from their accounts receivable job for double booking? Not my mom. Who is going to care now about Pam's double dealings when it just wasn't that important. Often people who stage hostile conflicts at work get fired because they don't have the requisite power level and so no one will have their back. Thus Pam was powerless to effect any meaningful change there because she was near the bottom of the food chain.

That said, John Cote or someone mentioned that during their meeting Bob Hoskins said something about how they were planning to set me up. So that means that all the jokes will be on me. I will be the butt of all their backhand jokes. I will be set up for a fall. The crushing of me is a prelude to the grand entrance of the elect predestined bearcat queen of TV land. Then they can all sit back in their comfortable houses with their families laughing at me while I go running around like a chicken with my head cut off looking for the money, thus possibly at least partially reenacting a role previously played by my Dad's cousin Susie, possibly something observed by the snarky little cousins who also probably didn't know what happened. Very few did.

So that was scary. I can't have those dreary people managing anything to do with me when they have done such a lousy job of managing their own personal affairs. If I am to be represented by anyone, it won't be them.