Monday, May 21, 2012

1977 Diary Tidbits 1

Feb. 10: "Mike Patterson came with a friend to get the aid he brot me to try. When he learned mine had not come back yet from being repaired he left his here until I got mine."
Feb. 13: "When she got back we all went across town to Ceasers for dinner, Suzanne’s treat. It was between 8 & 9 when we got home.
Feb. 16: "After supper looked at snakes on TV for a half hour, then at mountaineers among animals and he helped an injured Indian and they became friends. Then I ready history of Matthew. Now it’s about time for bath and bed."
Feb. 25: "Letter from Anita, Lydia had bad fall that made her teeth cut her lip." 
Feb. 26: "After 10 Julia had some real estate callers coming so we went out by the lagoon until they were gone. I worked a lot on my needlepoint."
Special Data: Laurie Butterfield married to Steve Goetchius Feb. 1st.
Mar. 5: "Julia had carpet cleaners here this afternoon. We sat out in dining room until they finished. George came to fix drapes. I don’t know what the trouble (is). Before 6 we three went to “Sharon’s” restaurant for dinner. Julia stopped in at Esther’s on way home. Ralph came out and talked to Elna and I, then he went across the street and Julia came out and we came home."
Mar. 12: "I failed to get my walk today so I’ll do it inside. Elna found a lot of quilt material I forgot I had so I’ll get busy — or try to — make a crib built. I guess I spoke when I should have been silent so things are very quiet around here for last couple hours."

Mar. 24: "After lunch we went to Esther’s to see about yarn and Esther had a perfect match for the crib quilt. Cynthia and children were there. She is doing the paper hanging."
Mar. 25: "I wanted to work on quilt but could not find a needle big enough to thread the yarn for trying."
Apr. 2:  "The church having rummage sale today supposedly in parking lot: but looked like might rain so only the plants with Esther in charge were there."
Apr. 14: "Finally I asked Ralph to phone to see if Julia home at 10 PM. They were home and Ralph took me home. I met these Southwells for first time. They left for their motel shortly after and we off to bed."
Apr. 22: "After lunch did the last of putting in ties and managed to tie one using my teeth." 
Apr. 23: "I went to Longs and Fedmart this afternoon and read in between everything."
May 7: "When I went to look at the flowers on vine on north side fence a hummingbird poised for about five seconds two feet from my forehead. I thought he was doing to light on my head." 
May 12: "I had a nap. Then we prepared to go to Audrey’s (in San Diego) for bridal shower for Diane Maxon. It was all very nice. She received nice and practical gifts. After shower Audrey served cake and punch. Then we went to Suzanne’s to see her kitchen floor linoleum. Very lovely. She is slowly but surely getting her house in order. We arrived home before 11 PM.
May 18: "I got Daniel Maxon address, also Darlene’s. Now I walk a bit and read. After supper I took another walk. The fuschias are going to be lovely. Now I hope for a right TV. Watched TV 7:30 to 8:15, then went to the game. Now it is about time for bath and bed." 
May 24: "At 6 PM left for a dinner at Vista at Susan’s restaurant where a crowd met to hear Bob. It was quite interesting. Home by 10:10 and off to bed in a hurry." 
June 4: "Sat in patio long time to get hair dry after almost an hour under dryer. TV 6:15 to 7. Getting animals in Africa. Saw them catch two pythons and one zebra and shove him into a truck. Had a good dinner and will soon play game." 
June 9: "While at Susie’s her cat jumped in my lap and went to sleep. At last “Pretty Girl” is friendly to me." 
June 16: " Julia left after supper, went I don’t know where but is going to Ventura tomorrow, intends to be back here Sunday afternoon. Julia gave me a key and I was so glad for a visit with Mrs. Johnson." 
June 17: "Had a nice walk and some time at the lagoon. Saw a long train go north."  
June 26: "About 6:30 came Ariel, Evelyn and Daniel. Then we had dinner and visited until 9 PM when they went home. It was so so good to see them again. May not see them here again until after August when they plan a trip to Holland." 
June 29: "Around 1 o’clock we three went to the Senior Citizens office and got our blood pressure taken. Today three men instead of women did the taking. Mine better than last time I was there."