Saturday, May 19, 2012

Did I Lie?

Somewhere online I read that Mary Boddy wrote or co-wrote the book, "The Laying on of Hands," but on second glace I see that only her husband's name appears on the book's cover so maybe I got confused. Which figures. For one thing, when did I ever claim to be perfect? Also, when do women ever get any credit when co-writing with husbands? And anyway, he was the vicar and minister, not she, so really he is the one who would be responsible for the theological statements of such a doctrinal dissertation as this whoever did write it so he should really get the credit or lack thereof. Also, another important factor to notice is that the book is written in 1895, long before the Boddy's participation in the Pentecostal revival. The question of whether they would have liked to rewrite the book later in light of the Pentecostal movement is not asked.