Thursday, May 3, 2012

Self-Correction

I do need to enter a correction on my previous post regarding the Bible study in the girls dorm at SCC in which Kim Coffaro was sharing some insight of hers about a verse from the Psalms. It suddenly came to my mind that I had listed the wrong Psalm verse in the previous post. No, actually the verse that was discussed was Psalm 84:6: "As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools." The night before the Lord had also showed me something about this verse but at the devotional when I piped up and tried to share my thoughts, Kim shut me down. Kim thought that I was just saying that because I was a jealous copycat but she was just wrong. That is how self-centered these obnoxious boring people are, thinking everything has to come from them. The truth is that I was kind of surprised that she was bringing up the very verse that I had been reading the night before, in which the Lord is talking about how I get depressed a lot and start crying but then afterwards it is good that I went through the valley of depression and didn't pretend that everything is just fine and Okey Dokey because in the tears and experiencing these emotions of despair something good is learned or experienced that keeps me in touch with the Lord.

Interestingly, in doing some recent genealogical research it is interesting to learn that there is some person married into the family tree with the surname of Baca but obviously there is no connection to the college devotional. I wouldn't even know of the existence of those people.