Friday, May 11, 2012

More Diary Tidbits from 1975

January 6: " Mrs. Bowen came to give me bath and shampoo this time in the shower where George had fixed it convenient."

February 9: " Jim and Virginia came about noon to take me to Chinese dinner at the Red Dragon. It was delicious and I enjoyed it much. The place changed hands since I was there last summer with Julia and Gil. I think Chinese are running it now.
March 18: "  In afternoon Julia took me for a ride in wheelchair to a little park on corner of Laguna Drive and Carlsbad Bouevard. It was so pretty there, full of white daisies. I never had been there before, only whizzed by in car and did not know much about it."
May 5: " Went to Day House. Mary Olive with me. Worked on my engine, got it done all but the smoke (Ha!). Home by 4:15 PM.
June 15: " Had the Dick Warren adopted Mexican boy dedicated, also someone honored for Father’s Day, I couldn’t see who it was."

July 7: " Julia took me for a long ride to Fedmart and to El Camino where we got a new cell in my watch so now it runs."
July 13: " Their beautiful 8-year-old cat sits by Mr. Marshall on a chair and is fed by him. This cat behaves. Never offers to get on table. It wants another bit, puts his paw on edge of table." 

July 14: "  The Hunts stopped here inviting me to go to Esther’s with them. I thought it was for a call, proved to be for dinner."