Friday, May 25, 2012

Piñata Photo

Somewhere in my childhood photos is a picture of myself blindfolded and holding a stick, standing next to a piñata, a white dog if I remember rightly, at my 9-year-old birthday party. It was also my sister's 7-year-old birthday party because our birthdays were five days apart and there is a similar photo of her with the piñata. As it turned out, my parents had bought a hard piñata. The goodies were contained in a clay pot and so although we children battered away at the white dog, nothing could emerge from the clay pot until my Dad took the clay pot down and put it on the ground and smashed it with a hammer.

Of course, I don't see any connection of this to Clay. I never knew of this person Clay's existence. One tends to assume that Joe and Dora had children and grandchildren but I never saw hide nor hair of them until I read the diaries and saw all of these names appearing there of people I never knew existed. Very interesting.