Wednesday, May 23, 2012

January 1978

Jan. 5: "After lunch we went out to the Medical center to see about a hearing aid. They tested me and said I had very little. They are getting one for me to try for 30 days if I like it fine, if I don’t like it the deal ends."
Jan. 7: "Did a lot of reading. I discovered in my book “The Hiding Place” there are chapters missing and some repeated."
Jan. 8: "Julia took me to church and Sumners brot me home. Julia expected a call but there was none."
Jan. 10: "I did a lot of reading. Then worked on the crib quilt, cutting up odd blocks to make a pattern from leftovers. Finally have it all planned and hope to cut the white ones tomorrow, at least part of them, and got some sewed together."
Jan. 12: "Julia came for me before 1:30 and we came home for her to unload what she had got at the base. Then we went to Doc Binder about moles."
Jan. 14: "When I was not looking Julia put my Christmas needlepoint on frame so I sorted out the colors of yarn and put them in a holder."
Jan. 16: "News: A ninth boy at Goetchius."
Jan. 19: "She had trouble so had to go to Camp Pendleton to Naval Hospital. The medicine the dentist in Oceanside did wrong and she was threatened with stroke. So I didn’t accomplish here at home."
Jan. 22: "Announced that Bro. Webber and two other men are leaving Saturday for San Salvador to help build a church. He will be gone two weeks…..Anita, Vanessa and I had a game of transograms and Vanessa and I had one of anagrams. I don’t usually play games on Sunday. She wanted to so I did. Anita’s children are so polite and kind and loving. It was so good to have them."
Jan. 24: "After lunch took my needlepoint off the frame and straightened the ends of the cloth and Julia put it back on frame, and now it is right."
Jan. 25: "Laurie and Steve: Steven Lee Goetchius, length 21 inches, weight 9 pounds."
Jan. 29: "With Bro. Webber gone Pastor Don gave good message."
Jan. 29: "Am finding things I didn’t know I had, a pile of funny papers from way back when. I plan to read some that tell about animals. The Mark Trail pictures."
Jan. 31: "Two people came to see about work hear. Last one smokes so Julia told her no."